Things to Do in Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Schedule a tour of Hochatown Distilling where Bourbon Whiskey and Vodka are made. Tours include tasting for adults 21 and older at our Hochatown Speakeasy located in the back of the gift shop.
Broken Bow Lake – Mountain Fork River – Beavers Bend Resort Park – Three Rivers WMA
Broken Bow, Oklahoma is famous for outdoor fun and adventure. Broken Bow Lake is a large, clear, mountain lake surrounded by a wilderness area and national forest. The Mountain Fork River flows into and out of Broken Bow Lake and provides great sport fishing and a Trophy Trout catch and release section below the dam.
Beavers Bend Resort Park offers swimming and family fun water sports and entertainment and McCurtain County is famous for hunting, hiking and four-wheel ATV riding.
Our cabins are ideally located with ready access to surrounding hills and woodlands. Cedar Creek Golf Course is a mere 2 miles east and Carson Creek and Stevens Gap access roads to Broken Bow Reservoir are just a couple minutes south. Beavers Bend Resort Park is also just minutes away. Enjoy outdoor activities such as 4-wheeling (Broken Bow Vacation Cabins does not rent ATV’s), fishing, water sports, hiking and backpacking, and much more or just come and relax. Please note that Broken Bow Vacations does not provide or supply equipment for listed activities.
The Red Slough Wildlife Management Area is an outstanding bird watching and waterfowl hunting area. More than 270 bird species have been spotted here, including many that are rare in Oklahoma and not found elsewhere in the state. The project totals over 5,800 acres with almost 400 acres of reservoirs.
ATV riding is available in the area (Broken Bow Vacation Cabins does not rent ATV’s). For more information about riding ATV please reference the website www.fs.usda.gov/ouachita
The phone number for Ouachita National Forest Oklahoma Ranger District is: 580-494-6402.
Broken Bow Lake Tiki Boat Tours
Enjoy a Tiki Boat Tour on Broken Bow Lake, Call for reservation 580-494-3825 The Broken Tiki
Fine dining is available in Hochatown at Abendigo’s Grill and Patio while good family style cooking can be had at Stevens Gap Restaurant (we recommend the catfish). Also, you can enjoy Pizza and over 14 varieties of tap beer at The Grateful Head or try The Blue Rooster for fish and chicken and home-grown vegetables.
Oklahoma Fishing License
You can now purchase your license online! There is a $3.00 convenience fee to use the online application. You simply apply and print your license. You will not have to wait for your license in the mail. License can be bought online at Oklahoma Department of Wildlife website
Hochatown Night Life and Live Music Scene
Hochatown has become a hot spot for live music on weekends and during the week when it’s tourist season. Live music can be heard at Mountain Fork Brewery, Knotted Rope Winery and Shuck Me in the Timber Creek Trails area, the Grateful Head, Abednego’s and the Blue Rooster.
Hochatown Golden Zone
There is a new area called Timber Creek Trails just opened in Hochatown that offers shopping, nightlife and distillery and brewery tours. This area is located in the Timber Creek Trails development area on private land and has direct access from cabins to the center using private roads. The area offers seafood at Shuck Me seafood restaurant. Also try pizza and onsite made craft beer at Mountain Fork Brewery. Stop in before dinner to The Tasting Room which is a specialty cocktail bar. While in the area walk to many other shops and gift shops. Noted gift shops are the Hochatown Distillery Gift Shop and the Mountain Fork Brewery Gift Shop. Bring along the kids and enjoy a treat at Okie Girls Coffee and Ice Cream. Drive just one mile North of The Grateful Head and Girls Gone Wine and look for the sign. Don’t get away from Hochatown without visiting us.
Massage Therapy and Day Spa’s
- Body Harmony Day Spa & Hands and Harmony Therapeutic Massage: (580) 236-7777
- A Servants Hands Massages: (580) 703-3209
Contact these Businesses for more Information:
- Mountain Fork Brewery: (580) 494-3233
- Shuck Me: (580) 494-3474
- The Blue Rooster-Fish and Chicken: (580) 494-6361
- Abendigo’s Fine Restaurant: (580) 494-6509
- Beaver Bend Restaurant: (580) 494-6551
- Stevens Gap Restaurant: (580)494-6350
- Secluded Acres Bar-B-Q: (580)494-7301
- The Eat Out
- (580) 494-7655
- Centers of Interest
- Forest Heritage Center: (580) 494-6497
- Beavers Bend Nature Center: (580) 494-6556
- Beavers Bend Resort Park: (580) 494-6300
- Boat & Canoe Rentals
- Lucky Dog Canoe & Kayak Rentals: (580) 584-2909
- Bumper, Paddle Boats, Canoe & Swim Beach: (580) 494-6512
- Wild Goose Canoe & Kayak Rentals: (580) 584-2277
- WW Trading Post & Canoe: (580) 584-6856
- Ambush Adventures Canoe: (580) 584-2273
- Beavers Bend Marina: (580) 494-6455 (all type of boat rentals)
- Trail Rides
- Beavers Bend Depot and Stables: (580) 494-6613
- A to Z Ranch: (580) 244-3729
- Riverman Trail Rides: (580) 236-9033
- Bass Fishing Guides
- Rudy’s Guide Service
- (580) 584-2868
- Trout Fishing Guides
- Mountain Fork Outfitters
- (580) 306-6966
- Steve Branson Trout Fishing Guide: (580) 982-3670
- On The Rivers Fly Company Trout fly fishing on the Lower Mt. Fork River
- (907) 617-0476
- Broken Bow Scuba Service: (580) 584-3408
- Gift Shops
- Beavers Bend Gift Shop: (580) 494-6509
- Hochatown Distilling Gift Shop
- Mt. Fork Brewery Gift Shop
- Fishing Shops
- Three River Fly Shop: (580) 494-6115